CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 17 January 2013

Black is the new...... well, Black!

Hi everyone :)

I hope you are all keeping well - thanks for stopping by!!

Well I found some old Smirk Kits I forgot I had, so I decided to make some small cards with them... some are not quite ready yet as they need sentiments added so hopefully be able to show you them in the next few days.

Firstly I have made a simple Valentines card, and as the title of this post suggests, I am addicted to using black card stock at the moment.  This is what I came up with for the Valentines card...
Just a simple matt and layer card with a decoupaged image on the front.  I have also started putting small 'patterns' on my cards with my gel pens, being a bit brave doing it free hand.  You probably can't see it well on this one unless you click on the picture to make it larger, but I have put a pattern on the outer red layer.

Next up is the Birthday card I have made...
To any of you who know me, you will probably have guess I LOVED making this card - all pink and girly!!! Again I have teamed the pink with black card stock and used my black gel pen to add a pattern around the edge of the pink paper and around the edge of the main image - I just thought it adds a little more interest!  I have always stayed away from doing anything like this 'free hand' on my cards, but I think where its appropriate, it may creep in more and more in the future!

I have this week been confirmed in three craft fairs in March so I am very excited and working hard towards these.  One is at the very prestigious Chateau Impney in Droitwich Spa - I have been a couple of times, it is very grand so I am very excited about this!!  The others I am in are Coventry Transport Museum and Hatton Country World in Warwickshire!

Until next time,

Happy Crafting,

Gemma
xx

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, the black card works great. You've got me thinking about making small cards as I also have smirk card kid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card Gemma, love the smirk images, not seen them around in a while, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 fantastic makes love the designs ....Love the smirk characters !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Smirks & what fabulous cards you have made with them...love them xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought some smirks some time ago and I might just get them out again now,having seen what you have done with yours!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cards and great work with the gel pens. D.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both great cards love the smirk images but really like the first one
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards Gemma.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. two great fun cards.love them.
    Kaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are lovely, the Valentines cards shows a LOT of imagination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely...so clean and bright and cheerful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these cards - the black card stock works really well - makes the layers really pop. I've been using kraft card in a similar way - must get me some black card! Good luck with the craft fairs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely cards Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both great cards, particularly like the Valentines one
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. your cards are fabulous good luck at the craft fairs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my post, I do enjoy reading them. I do moderate all of the comments I receive, your comment will appear shortly.