CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 19 January 2013

Trying something New...

Hi everyone :)

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you are having a good weekend.

For those of you who have followed my blog, you may remember a few weeks back I made some Hot Diggity Dog cards from a compendium I brought of Create and Craft (a bargain compendium I may add!!).

This weekend I have dug it back out again and have teamed it with some of the new Papermania Spots and Stripes collection from Docrafts.  So... the title of this post 'Trying something New'.... you may be thinking well what is 'New' about something that has been used before and just 'dug' back out?!?!?

Well I have had a go at using new layouts on the cards, new colour schemes (for me) and also tried to make them so they are appropriate for male and female cards. So here is what I came up with...

'Have Fun On Your Birthday'
Continuing with the 'new' theme I have in this post, this is the first time I have used bakers twine on a card and I must say I can feel it start to become a bit addictive!!

'Number 1 Friend - Happy Birthday'
I think out of the two, this second card is my favourite, mainly because of the layout and how I have (luckily) managed to find matching paper and ribbon and also gem stones.  On both of these cards the main images are the decoupaged stickers Docrafts call 'elements', on both I have backed them onto co-ordinating card.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my makes - thanks for stopping by :)

Happy Crafting all,

Gemma 
x


6 comments:

  1. Really lovely Gemma! Happy Leapblogging! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  2. two super little cards gemma ... love them both well done ...just doing a bit of blog hopping ... have a great weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards love both of them and good for you trying something new. Loads of love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two really great cards, so cute. The colours work beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both the cards are great and I've said it before I do love hot Diggity dog!
    Just hopped over from Docrafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice layouts on both cards, love the colours and images too

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my post, I do enjoy reading them. I do moderate all of the comments I receive, your comment will appear shortly.